Springhurst Animal Hospital9909 Old Brownsboro Road
Louisville, KY 40241
Payment Due Upon Services Rendered
Springhurst Animal Hospital provides the following services for your pet:
- We perform dental prophylaxis procedures Monday through Friday by appointment. Dental cleanings are a day procedure in most cases. Scaling, polishing, extractions and even vaccinations help manage and prevent periodontal disease in your pet.
- Allergy Testing
- We can perform allergy testing on your pet by drawing a blood sample for analysis by the lab. Allergy testing is helpful in determining exactly which allergen or allergens are causing the most discomfort in your pet. In some cases, allergy serum will be specially made for your pet to use in allergy injections for the treatment of your pet's allergies.
- From infectious to autoimmune, we are equipped and experienced with treating a range of skin conditions. Medications, shampoos, and prescription diets are at our disposal to manage and treat your pet in the most effective manor.
- We offer both a standard vaccination protocol as well as customized protocols tailored to fit your pet's needs. Puppies and kittens, as well as adult dogs and cats, ferrets, and the wellness visits that go with your pet's vaccinations are invaluable tools to maintain your pet's health.
- Laser Surgery
- Our CO2 laser is a valuable surgical tool at Springhurst Animal Hospital. The laser reduces both the amount of blood lost, as well as the amount of pain your pet experiences. It also aids the doctor during surgery to cut the amount of time your pet is under anesthesia while reducing the recovery time for your pet.
- K-Laser Therapy
- When it comes to pain management for your pet, Laser therapy creates optimal healing conditions and increases healing circulation to help get them back on their paws. This treatment dramatically helps to decrease inflammation, arthritis and pain. Our practice is excited to bring this special technology to you. Discover how this therapy is proven to bio-stimulate tissue repair while reducing treatment time and relieving pain. All without sedation.
- One out of three household pets is lost at least once during it's lifetime. Of those lost, only ten percent will be found. Microchipping is helping increase the odds for recovering many of these lost pets.
- Microchipping is a permanent way to identify your pet. Using a sterile needle, your veterinarian will insert a tiny transponder (the size of a grain of rice) under your pet's skin between the shoulder blades. No anesthesia is required, so your pet can be microchipped on a routine visit. The transponder contains a microchip number which is linked to your name and contact information in a national microchip database. When a lost pet is brought to a vet clinic or animal shelter, a scanner is waved over the pet to see if a microchip is in place. the microchip number is displayed, the manufacturer is notified, and the owner is called to retrieve their pet.
- Both cats and dogs can be microchipped. The process is less invasive than tattooing and more reliable than an ID tag on your pet's collar.
- Laser Declaw
- With all of the benefits of the laser, the laser declaw is an asset for all those electing this surgery. In almost all cases, the cats are walking around within hours of the surgery with a noticeable reduction in post-surgical pain.
- Internal Medicine
- Full-range diagnostics and state-of-the-art facility to help provide the best care possible for your pet.
- Digital Radiography
- Digitial Radiography is state of the art technology that allows for immediate results. We can process and view high-quality digital images within seconds using our innovative Digital Radiography.
- Here at Springhurst Animal Hospital, we use a top-of-the-line ultrasound machine to obtain the best images possible. Our ultrasounds are performed by an ultrasonographer and read by a board certified radiologist. These tools help give us the most accurate images and interpretations possible so that we can offer your pet the best care available.
- Our boarding facility is a full-service operation. We now offer a fenced-in ½ acre play area for play times, day care and boarding. We offer pick-up and drop-off Mondays through Saturdays during business hours. Boarding fees include Purian EN food, bedding, and multiple walks during the day on our business property.
- We also offer extras for your pet's comfort, such as additional playtimes, television time with a staff member, and snack times, at an additional cost. More information.
- We have a full-time groomer on staff to accommodate your pet's grooming needs. Grooming is offered Mondays through Saturdays by appointment. Boarding pets can also be scheduled for a bath or groom before pick-up.
- Springhurst Animal Hospital has an in-house pharmacy for all of your pet's medical needs. Our supplies range from over-the-counter shampoos and supplements to arthritis pain medications and topical sprays. Refill Your Pets Rx Now!
- Prescription Diets
- With several top manufacturers to choose from, we offer a range of prescription diets to treat a variety of ailments. From obesity to urinary crystals, we can accommodate anything.
- Our staff is equipped to handle a variety of exotic pets, such as gerbils and mice to ferrets and rabbits. We can perform minor tasks such as wing and beak clipping on birds. For reptiles and more extensive avian care, we prefer to refer out to specialists